How do we collect information?The Company collects Personal information:
- directly from you (unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so) when you contact our business number or fill in an enquiry form; and
- third parties – other companies within our group, or affiliate or partner companies that are connected with us, public records or bodies or private organisations. There may be occasions where we need to source Personal Information about you from a third party. For example, we may collect Personal Information from a credit reporting agency, an information service provider or from a publicly maintained record. We also use third parties to analyse website traffic.
The Personal Information is collected and held only to the extent reasonably necessary for one or more of the Company’s functions or activities. These functions or activities include, but are not limited to, the sale, promotion and distribution of its services by direct to customer marketing as well as on-line advertising and marketing.
Any person may access or use the Website via the internet without registering with or disclosing any personally identifying Personal Information to the Company.
Where lawful and practicable, individuals have the option of not identifying themselves (remaining anonymous or using a pseudonym) when dealing with the Company.
What type of Personal Information do we collect?
Personal Information collected and held by the Company during our relationship with you may include (and is not limited to):
- your email address; first name; last name; contact details; date of birth; home address; postcode; country of residence; telephone numbers; credit card payment details; billing address; personal information in surveys; testimonials and complaints; Internet Protocol (IP) address, occupation, employment, industry areas of interest and information relating to your dealings with us;
- Any Personal Information you volunteer while using this Website (including via cookies)
Why we collect Personal Information?The purposes for which we collect your Personal Information may include providing you with services, information and content or information about the Company’s services, promotions or services or improving our services.
CookiesThe Company may place a “cookie” (a small text or pixel file) on any computer you use to access this Website, which, among other things, assists the Company to provide you with an easy-to-use Website. When you revisit this Website, the cookie will enable the Company to recognise you as a previous user. More information on cookies can generally be found in the “help” (or similar) section of your computer’s internet web browser. If you do not want to receive cookies, you can change your browser settings. If you use this Website without changing your browser settings, we will assume that you are happy to receive cookies on this Website.
Cookies help us know who you are so we can show content that is most relevant to you, including features, products and promotions. We use your cookies to improve your website experience and serve you with relevant information and promotional offers based on your onsite behaviour. They help us improve our service features and let us know if someone engages or is attempting to engage in activity that violates our terms and conditions.
Unsolicited Personal InformationIf the Company receives unsolicited Personal Information about an individual, the Company will take steps to afford that information the same privacy protection as solicited Personal Information or destroy or de-identify that information if it lawful and reasonable to do so and only if the information is not contained in a Commonwealth record.
2. Use and disclosure
- for the purposes for which it is collected (primary purpose) and for any related purposes (secondary purpose), including:
- where necessary or desirable in connection with the provision of this Website, the Website materials and our services to you (for example: Australia Post and third party fulfilment contractors);
- to manage the Company’s relationship with you; and
- to obtain professional, financial, technical, administrative or other advice and services in connection with the operation of the Company’s business. For example, its external advisors, service providers, social networking sites, subcontractors and suppliers, advertising agencies, research companies and mailing houses in order to fulfil the purposes set out above;
- to provide you with information about services and promotional offers available from the Company or its Company’s affiliated entities;
- to provide you with information about products and services available from third party entities;
- to research and enhance our services;
- to persons who acquire or expresses an interest in acquiring all or any part of the Company’s business;
- as required or authorised by or under Australian law or a court or Tribunal order;
- as required by an enforcement body for one or more enforcement related activities as defined under the Act; and
- for any other purpose to which you subsequently consent from time to time.
Direct MarketingIf we collect Personal Information from you or a third party (and you consented to the use and disclosure for this purpose) the Company may use and disclose an individual’s Personal Information (excluding sensitive information) to provide you with information about:
- this Website, the website materials and the services; and
- the Company’s services and any promotional material in connection with those services.
We may contact you via email, SMS or other means in order to provide you with updated information about the Website, in relation to events or to provide you with other information or promotions about our products.
Please note when you enquire to receive information about our services you expressly consent to receiving marketing communications for our services. You may opt out of receiving marketing communications from the Company by following the unsubscribe instructions on email correspondence to you or by contacting us via the details below (or via this Website).
You may also contact us via the details below (or via the Website) to let us know that you do not want to receive marketing communications from the Company (or any of its individual services), request we do not disclose your Personal Information to other organisations for the purpose of direct marketing or provide the source of your Personal Information.
The Act provides exceptions to the use and disclosure requirements such in circumstances where the Company is assisting in locating a missing person, for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal or equitable claim or for the purpose of a confidential alternative dispute resolution process.
3. Trans-border data flows
- where the Company has taken reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the APPs in relation to your Personal Information;
- where the Company reasonably believes that the person who will receive your Personal Information is subject to effective data protection obligations;
- where the transfer is necessary for the performance or conclusion of any contract between you and the Company or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures;
- where the transfer is for your benefit and it is impractical for the Company to obtain your consent, but if it were practical you would be likely to consent;
- as required or authorised by or under law; and
- where you subsequently consent from time to time.
4. Data quality
6. Access to and correction of your Personal Information
We will respond to your request (to access, correct or update your Personal Information) within a reasonable time. If the Company refuses your request, we will generally provide written reasons for the refusal and the mechanisms to complain about the refusal.
We will not charge you for making a request to correct Personal Information, for correcting the Personal Information or for associating the required statement with your Personal Information (as the case may be).
7. Membership Site & Webinars
8. Contacting us
Address: Customer Care , Hampton Park Veterinary Hospital, Unit 1, 2-4 Outlook Drive, Hampton Park, VIC, 3976