Set the Rules
Puppy Parenting Guide Even if it is just you and your new best mate it is about setting the rules and sticking to them.
The most important discussion even if it is just you and your new best mate is about setting the rules and sticking to them.
This avoids mixed messages and confusion for the pup.
Get into a routine early so your puppy can get used to how your home runs:
- Routine toilet breaks
- Routine meal times
- Routine wake up / bed time
- Rules on access to furniture/rooms (the list is endless).
- Training rules, our puppy preschool with discuss this in detail.
Don't forget the human rules:
- Who’s responsible for feeding?
- Who’s responsible for cleaning? Picking up the dog poo?
- Who’s responsible for exercising your puppy?
Imagine the scenario if you have 5 people in the house allowing all sorts of different rules ….. you cannot expect the puppy to work out a rule for one person and a different rule for another.